Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Was Snubbed At A Yard Sale

Yeap! Snubbed at a yard sale (of all places). All the Communities (neighborhoods, let’s be real) were having yards sales this past weekend. My Husband and I decided to go to the one in Pine Beach because it was have closest and one of the “better” areas (which amounts to snazzier junk).

Well, we went into one yard with lots of baby things and I found a small rug, and two outfits, without prices on them (I hate when they do that). When I finally figured out who was selling the items I stared her in the face and she looked at me while holding onto an empty stroller and said this is the Rolls Royce of strollers. She then processed to talk to another “customer” about the Range Rover that her Rolls Royce Stroll folds into nicely. Well while it was a pretty stroller I could give a flip about it. My Cosco Stroller works just fine for me, Thank You very much. Who in their right (or left ) mind would pay $$$$ for something that your child will probably what out of in about a year, and who will inevitable spit up on.

After standing there for a few seconds not being acknowledged I thought I don’t want to beg her to take my hard earned money and I tossed them into her Rolls Royce Stroller and walked out.

Now in my OPINION, if you can afford the Range Rover and the Rolls Royce Strollers….what the he!! are you doing having a yard sale!?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you can't account for taste or class for that matter. What were you doing on the computer during Idol?

She-Ra said...

Well Kat went first so I had some time.

Anonymous said...

oooh you are soo bad hehehehe

Unknown said...

Hey Dawn,, glad to see you were able to post. They really can't afford those strollers they begged other people to buy them as gifts, posers. Much like how SHE was. Had to have the best of the best but like ya said,, kids grow out of the stuff too fast to have to have the best of the best.