Monday, March 20, 2006

To Ebay or Not to Ebay.

Hmmmm. Everyone says the Ebay is a good way to make some extra money. Lord knows that I could use extra money. So I try Ebay. I think that I’m the ONLY person in Ebay history that lost money selling on Ebay!!!!! We have a small apartment and two Kids.
We are aching for elbowroom. Today we (well I) were on a cleaning/redecorating jag. I found 6 (SIX!!!) 20gl totes filled with baby clothes to sell on Ebay. Now, we tried selling and to be honest…it’s a big pain in the a$$. I would put 4 items up and maybe 2 would sell. They all would have people watching them then, when it came due to the closing bid …NOTHING! and I would still have to pay for the listing. I would relist the items thinking well I had lots of watchers, maybe this time…and still no bids. What’s wrong with you people? My stuff is really cute (I do have good taste) and they’re clean. To make a long story more boring we have a friend who’s Brother is having another baby (you know I mean his Wife). Our friend asked us if we could start saving our Son’s clothes for them. I said that all we have right now are 18m if they want. Then I found those 6 totes (I don’t know how I didn’t notice them. 6 totes aren’t easy to hide in a one-bedroom apartment). I looked through ALL of those totes (it give me my shopping fix) and I now have two totes for our friend’s Brother’s baby, one tote for my Second Husband’s (Lisa) Daughter, another one for the little girl who lives up in PA. The rest are going to Goodwill/consignment. I feel so liberated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would feel that liberated and go on a cleaning jag. god knows my house is bursting at the seams.

Unknown said...

Six totes! I think that you should donate the rest to a children's charity. Whatever you can't give to Lisa or PA or the friends brother's wife give to charity. It will be invigorating and like you said liberating!!

Do it girl!
Hey is your homework done????